Nice soup, doesn’t taste much of parsnip, default config is very lemony
- veg oil
- 75g bacon bits (or chopped bacon)
- 2 medium onions
- 2 big garlic cloves
- 750g Parsnips
- 1 small unwaxed lemon (wax on, wax off)
- 25g butter
- 1tsp curry powder (I generally don’t)
- 2 chicken stock cubes in 1.5 litres of water
- 150ml creme freiche
- In a heavy bottomed pan heat the oil and add the bacon (chopped),
- Meanwhile, peel, halve and chop the onions, and the garlic, peel the
parsnips and chop them quarter lengthways and half.
dezest the lemon.
add the butter to the pan, melt
- stir in the onions, garlic & lemon & cook
- cook gently for a little while
- stir in the parsnips
cover the pan and cook for 5 mins, stir, another 5 mins.
add curry powder (if you really want) stir and cook for a couple of
- add stock, bring to boil, partially cover pan
- simmer for 15-20 mins until the parsnips are tender.
- add salt and lemon juice
To serve, add bacon scraps, a swirl of creme fraiche and chives