cinnamon bunsfor breadmakers
Ganked without permission or anything from AFP. I’m a bad person.
- 5 tbsp (2oz) melted butter
- 1 cup (8 fl ozs) warmed milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 cups strong white flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamon
- 2 teaspoon dried yeast
Use the dough setting
- Divide the finished dough into two pieces.
- Roll out each piece until about 1/4" thick.
- Spread with a thin layer of melted butter.
- Sprinkle with ground cinnamon and approx 1 tsp sugar.
- Fold into two, re-roll and repeat butter, sugar and cinnamon.
- Roll up like a swiss roll and cut into 1" slices.
- Leave for 30 mins or until doubled in size.
- Brush with beaten egg OR milk and castor sugar.
- Bake at 230C/Mk8 for 8 mins
Makes about 16 - 18 buns, IIRC.
- Cut each roll into two (4 loaves).
- Slash halfway across each loaf with a sharp knife every 1-2".
- Cover and leave for 30 mins or until doubled in size.
- Brush with beaten egg.
- Bake at 200-220C (Mk6-7) for about 15 mins.